Friday, January 11, 2008

Chuck

I love reading all the comments that have been sent. A lot a truly great thing happened to me while at Mizzou and at the Campus McDonalds. I had friends in high school and I made friends since graduating, but the friends I love seeing the most are you guys. I truly love going to the Spades Tournaments, more to see people than to play.

Working at McDonalds wasn’t my first job while going to school, but I got to know everyone because my brother Bob was working there. Like others, I was on the extended school plan due to too many non-school activities. I got that turned around and started working for Jan on campus my last two years at school and had a blast.

Here are a few of the things I remember from that time:

· Closing one night and opening the next morning.

· Opening the doors in the morning and the first customers wants a refill on his coffee, (they bring in their old cups)

· Unloading the truck in the rain or when it’s freezing.

· Register races, one person on register and two runners, ( I even won once)

· Mc’Picnics in the spring. I still have a red McDonalds hat I won my last year.

· Playing Risk all day and all night and then writing up the summaries of the game on the box top. (Jim, I’d love to read those again sometime if you still have them)

· The “one finger man” constantly losing the egg on his Egg McMuffin.

There were a lot of events from that time that really stick out in my mind. Marring Melinda my last semester has got to be a high point, and I remember being at McDonalds when I heard about the Space Shuttle Challenger accident, which would be a low point. There are so many events in between these.

I can truly say that I either learned or came to understand some of the things that have helped me in life, while working at the Campus McDonalds. Like teamwork, hard work, enjoying what you’re doing, and friendships that last a lifetime.

It was a fun time which we may never experience again, but these emails have helped me to remember a lot of it.

Thanks, and have a great year.

Chuck

No comments: