Friday, January 11, 2008

Karen

Hello everyone, it's me Karen "If you've got time to lean, you've got time to clean" Hanaway (Miller). I was surprised to hear so many people weigh in on the closing of the Campus McDonalds. I can't believe it; I am sure the students will be furious. I too have very wonderful memories of my time there. You were all my family away from home. One of the saddest times I had was when I was transferred to the Stadium store. Things were VERY different there! I still play Spades with family and friends, and I like to go "mellow", although they all say Nil. What do they know? I can even remember some team going double blind mellow. YIKES!
As many of you know I hired my then future husband at the Stadium store. We have now been married over 21 years, and we still enjoy a french fry together. Yum! He is an F-15 pilot in the Air Force, and we have lived in 8 states. We have been in Virginia for the last 3 three years, and won't be leaving until at least my youngest son's graduation. He is a junior. My eldest son is a freshman at UMKC, in the 6 year combined BA Medical program. I don't know how those boys got to be so smart! I worked at McDonalds in Texas for the first 2 years of our marriage, and then took the next 15 years off. What a deal. I am currently a teacher assistant in P.E. at an elementary school. It is great to work with the kids.
That's it for me. It was great to hear from so many of you! Thanks, Sue, for letting us all know.
Karen

No comments: